The Maiden Forum for African Diaspora in ChinaMay 21, 2019
LIVING YOUR CHINESE DREAMJune 19, 2019
Duapa Africa is please to share with the masses of African youth in the continent and in the Diaspora this unique opportunity to be part of the socioeconomic development activities of our dear continent and to help build the Africa we all want. And we are particularly excited because our CEO and other two of our team members are all proud alumni of this prestigious continental program which has shaped their lives in many ways.
*Disclaimer: Duapa Africa is just sharing this and has no direct contact or relationship with the information contained in this call, the African Union Commission (AUC) or other responsible persons behind this program. Kindly contact the AUC directly through the contact details at the bottom of this call for any further enquiries
Here is the official call:
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
: 10th COHORT AU-YVC RECRUITMENT 01 – 30 June 2019
ONLINE APPLICATIONS ONLY
African Union Commission/ Youth Division (HRST)
AFRICAN UNION YOUTH VOLUNTEER CORPS (AU-YVC)
The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC), established in 2010, is a continental development program that promotes youth volunteerism in Africa. The program aims to deepen the status of young people as key actors in Africa’s development targets and goals, enhancing their participation in policy development as well as design and implementation of relevant interventions towards the Africa Union’s Agenda 2063, ‘The Africa we want’.
It brings people together to share skills, knowledge, creativity and learning to build a more integrated, prosperous and peaceful Continent driven by its citizens.
The volunteering opportunities are intended to build professionalism and a sense of responsibility among the participants, thus enhancing their employability.
Young African professionals are recruited to serve for a period of 12 months as AU Volunteers in an AU Member State other than their own. The next intake of volunteers for deployment in 2019/20 will be from the 01 – 30 June 2019.
Applicants have to meet the following criteria:
1. Citizen of an AU Member State living on the continent or the Diaspora;
2. Aged between 18 – 35 years;
3. Have a post-secondary certified qualification(s) (TVET, Bachelor’s, Master’s etc.)
4. Available in 2018/19 to dedicate 12 (twelve) months for volunteer work;
5. Willing to live and work in another AU Member State;
6. Is proficient in at least one AU working language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese);
7. Has at least one year verifiable volunteering experience and one year professional work experience.
*Disclaimer: Please note the African Union at no point charges or request facilitation fees to process applications!
To submit your application:
1. Create an account on http://aucareers.org/ portal (instructions and video tutorial available)
2. Fill out your personal information and the application form
3. Attach the following documents:
a. Your updated professional CV (no longer than 3 pages)
b. Bio page of your passport (or national ID)
c. Copy of your highest completed qualification (no transcripts)
d. Attach a letter of recommendation (not older than 2 years) attesting to your leadership
4. Attach your cover letter. In your cover letter please respond to the following questions:
a. Why do you want to become an African Union Youth Volunteer?
b. What makes you the best candidate for AU-YVC?
c. What skills are you bringing to the AU-YVC and your host organization?
5. Review and submit your application before: Sunday, 30 June 2019 midnight (Addis Abeba time)
Incomplete and late applications will not be considered
Providing incomplete or incorrect information is ground for immediate termination
1. 8 July 2019 – eligibility check;
2. 31 July 2019 – successful applicants will be notified;
3. August and October 2019: Pre-deployment orientation training;
4. 2019/2020: Deployment of trained volunteers.
The African Union Commission and partners will cover the full costs of pre-deployment training volunteer deployment for successful candidates.
An African Union Youth Volunteers receive the following benefits & opportunities:
1. Unique opportunity to interact with African Union processes and structure
2. Economy return air ticket from home town to place of deployment
3. A modest monthly stipend
4. Health insurance cover
5. AU Service Passport
6. Separation allowance on successful completion of twelve months service
7. Training and mentorship opportunities
African Union Commission
Department of HRST/ Youth Division
Addis Abeba, Ethiopia
Please go to https://auyvc.africa-union.org
for more information